To request a quote for mulch installation please start by entering your zip code and number of yards of much you want installed.
For best results follow these installation tips:
- Pull all weeds from garden beds prior to installing mulch.
- Apply roundup to any small weeds that remain.
- Preen can be applied prior to mulch installation to assist mulch in preventing weed germination.
- Redefine edges of garden beds by digging down 2-3" so mulch remains in beds after installation.
- Apply mulch 2-4 inches deep. (Please note: Applying mulch in excess of 4" can be detrimental to your plantings as air and water will have difficulty reaching them.)
- Do not apply mulch directly to the base of any trees, shrubs, etc. as this will promote rotting of your plant material.
- Once it is installed, smooth the mulch with a plastic leaf rake in order to create a beautiful evenly mulched garden bed.
- Clean mulch from grassy areas, plant material, and hardscapes.
- Periodically maintain your beds by pulling any weeds that grow from underneath the mulch.
- Enjoy the beauty of your yard for the remainder of the summer.